Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Future Plumber

These kids were enjoying a hot spring day at Chicago's Millenium Park and I couldn't help but notice how the kid on the right has the potential to be a plumber some day.

As I was taking these pics, I was approached by a park security guard telling me I wasn't allowed to take pics of children. Knowing my rights, I told him I could photography practically anything I want in public. He went away without further incident.

There seems to be a paranoia about photographers out there, so make sure you know your rights when it comes to photography.

For Canadian laws, there's a great resource at Ambient Light.

American attorney Bert Krages also has an excellent outline of rights in the United States.

I have printed off the pages at the above links and keep them in my camera bag.

No comments: