Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Soon....back in Asia



We'll soon be seeing this view from the Star Ferry in Hong Kong!

We're down to our last few days in Nanaimo before Wendy and I fly to Toronto on to visit her family for a while before heading to the wonderful city of Hong Kong.

I really look forward to being back in Asia. That's where I first became interested in photography, and when I look at my photos from China, Hong Kong and Malaysia, I'm quite disappointed in them. It will be nice to have a chance to get some better shots of places now that I know what I'm doing with a camera.

This photo of the Hong Kong Convention Centre is among the first digital photographs I ever shot. It was back during the 2002 Chinese New Year celebrations and I had just bought a digital camera in Kowloon. Straight out of the electronics shop, I walked down Nathan Road and hopped onto a Star Ferry to Hong Konk Island.

No comments: